Traversing the world of psychedelic bass music, Chris Komus’s self-titled project is sculpted from the sounds of psydub, psybient, glitch hop, and world bass. Dubby vibes and laser-edited basslines are intertwined with futuristic psychedelic sounds, with each track telling a story like a cinematic score with orchestral elements and hints of space-rock and blues. Conjuring up visuals of a world within the swampy jungle floor, or the vastness of space between our sky and distant icy planets, but always remaining dialed in to the low-end frequencies of heavy hitting basslines that reverberate between the trees and the dancefloor.
Most recently for 2017, “Sickly Fingers” follows his previous EP “The Lioness” and is released on Shanti Planti. Other recent tracks appear on compilations from Shanti Planti (“Rhythm Code 2” and “Drift Theory”) and Street Ritual (“Global Glitch Vol 2”). Prior releases include “Chamber of Goonbags” on Black Tuna Recordings, “Laurentian Plateau” and “The Thrill” on Adapted Records, as well as two EPs with Enig’Matik Records, “Cordyceps” and “Everything Started to Go Apart”. Chris Komus has also contributed sound design samples on Twisted Tool’s plugin “Ultraloop”.
Chris Komus has had the honour of playing many festivals including: Boom Utopia (Portugal), Envision Festival (Costa Rica), Infrasound Festival (US), Shambhala Music Festival (Can), Burning Man (US), Motion Notion (Can) and many more, as well as a tour in Australian and performances in Costa Rica. He has also performed in cities across Canada and has made appearances in the US.
Charts & Press
- “The Lioness” named one of 25 Stand-Out Psychedelic Bass Releases Of 2015 on LostinSound.org
- Chris Komus’s remix of Quanta’s “Create Culture” was an exclusive premier on The Untz.
- “Devil’s Thrill” hit #20 on the Glitch Hop Beatport Top 100 Charts
- Chris Komus’s remix of Mad Young Darling’s “Paraben Paraphernalia” appeared in the Top 25 of Beatport’s Glitch Hop Top 100.
- “Cordyceps EP” hit #2 on the top Monthly charts on Addictech, and was a front page featured release.
- “Laurentian Plateau” appeared in the Top 25 of Beatport’s Glitch Hop Top 100.
- “The Thrill EP” was a Featured New Release on Beatport’s Glitch Hop Section
- “The Laurentian Plateau EP” was a Featured New Release on Beatport’s Glitch Hop Section